To add new expense click on the aside menu Expenses and Record Expense.
- Name – Enter expense name, this field can be filled for personal usage to easily recognize the expense, also if the expense is billable and you add expense name, the name can be also added to the invoice item long description when billing the expense.
- Note – for personal usage, if the expense is billable and you add a note, the note can be also added to the invoice item long description when billing the expense.
- Category – Select expense category.
- Date – Add date when the expense is paid.
- Amount – Expense total amount.
- Customer – Select customer if this expense is tied to a customer (see below for currency notes)
- Billable – After you select a customer (if applicable) the new checkbox will be shown Billable, you can check this option if the expense is paid/should be paid by the customer.
- Project – After you select a customer and this customer has a projects, a new dropdown will be shown to select a project for this expense.
- Currency – See below for currency notes.
- Tax – you can add tax to this expense, currently supported 2 taxes.
- Payment Mode – Select payment mode from where this expense is paid.
- Reference # – Add reference number if applicable.
- Repeat every (recurring expense) – if the expense is recurring you can configure this expense to be recurring and to be re-created based on your configuration you set while configuring the recurring options, the recurring expenses required properly configured cron job
More info about currency
- When you record an expense to your company (not a customer) – base currency is used.
- When you record an expense to a customer and it’s not billable – base currency is used.
- When you record an expense to a customer and its billable – customer currency is used
- When you record expense linked to project – the project currency is used (either customer currency if configured or base currency)